Ravellenic Games 2012 - Ravelry.com

Day One - It was my intention to cast on my first project for the games during the Olympic Games' opening ceremony gala scheduled for 9:00pm London time - 1:00pm here on the west coast of the U.S. Unfortunately, other obligations got in my way. I chose, instead, to cast on while watching the delayed NBC broadcast of the ceremonies at 7:30pm my time. The delayed start cost me more than 6 hours of productive knitting time, so I decided to do a quick and easy machine knit project that I could easily complete in a few hours. I wanted to have a finished object that I could "medal" with early on day two. Voila, the Lowly Dishrag:



My personal goal for the Ravellenic Games 2012 is to complete 16 knit projects over the 17 days of the games - an unrealistic goal for hand-knitting unless every project consists of something no more complicated than this dishcloth. I'll be using a knitting machine, of course, since it allows me to complete a project in about a tenth of the time I need to hand-knit just about anything. I intend to do a couple pair of socks, a lace shawl, and a simple summer tank top.

Beyond those, I'll knit whatever simple project strikes my fancy and suits the stash yarn I have. That's goal #2 for Ravellenics 2012 - stashbusting. I've done a significant amount of time lately recycling/frogging high quality sweaters. I am at SABLE (Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy) and have been for a very long time. Time to dig into some of that yummy merino, cashmere, silk and linen that I've reclaimed.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to review before they appear on the blog. Please allow up to 48 hours for your comment to post. Thanks.