Free Form Beading, Embroidery, Knit & Crochet


As is my custom every morning (while waiting for the coffee to brew), I fire up the computer to check e-mail & do whatever "housekeeping" needs doing on my website http://ebonyglenstudio.com/. While I enjoy the 1st cup of Joe, I check in on some of my favorite forums, websites, & blogs. Breakfast is, indeed, the most important meal of the day. And, it's this morning fix of caffeine & about a billion bytes of inspiration from other artists that I breakfast on. It's a tall glass of "creative juice" that gets me going & keeps me going throughout the day. (OK, OK, enough with the metaphors already!)

This morning's fix included another visit to Myra Wood's site http:myrawood.com to drool over her exquisite work in free form crochet, beading, & embroidery. Words simply cannot describe the beautiful & inventive work of this fabulous fiber artist. You must go take a look. Myra exemplifies the true spirit of Free Form that takes knitting, crochet, beading, & embroidery out of the realm of crafting & elevates them all to the level of a true art form.

Myra is just one of the stand-outs in the arena of free form fiber arts. There are dozens more that I admire & draw inspiration from. By following their links to the people & places they admire, my list grows daily.

What a delicious way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to review before they appear on the blog. Please allow up to 48 hours for your comment to post. Thanks.